View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 08:26 AM   #18
linda_m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brio
As for baby shampoo, I have heard that the pH is harsh (too high? to low? can't remember which). I think I read this on the BB somewhere months back.
Can you tell me more about what you found? Here's what I found on Paula Begoun's site: "Johnson & Johnson’s first baby shampoo, the very one that ushered in the “no more tears” concept through J&J’s patented use of extremely gentle detergent cleansing agents known as amphoteric surfactants. Amphoteric surfactants do not cleanse or foam as well as other surfactants, but their unique property is their very low irritation potential. Amphoterics (the one most commonly used is cocamidopropyl betaine) are so gentle that they can even reduce the irritation potential of other surfactants known for their sensitizing traits, such as sodium lauryl sulfate."

It seems to be working OK for me
Couple of inches past shoulder length 3A. Shampoo every 3rd or 4th day w/ baby shampoo; Tigi Fashionista conditioner; back to Condition 3-in-1 mousse . Alternate days water rinse, conditioner and mousse.
linda_m is offline   Reply With Quote