I need to look up finger coiling techniques, they always look awesome and people seem to get multi day hair with them. But with my hair a lot of the I can't clump my curls on purpose (lp and fairly coarse) - I can put conditioner on my roots and run my fingers down my strand, and it'll separate at the top if it wants to. That's why I usually just let Izzy do what she wants, lol.
Originally Posted by EllyEllyOxenFree
One thing I noticed is that not all the curls curl in the same direction.. some go clockwise, and others are counterclockwise. So maybe that has something to do with it? My roots aren't perfectly clumped either.. the coil starts at about a half inch down the strand from the root.

I only used conditioner and oil (my staples) to do this style. I refresh with ORS Elastici-tea leave in conditioner, which I have put in a spray bottle, and a lil shea or an oil.
"The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
"...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)