Thanks to pedaheh, I found frozen okra at Walmart--$1.50 for a pound. When I got home, I put 1/2 cup in a 2 c Pyrex measuring cup and filled it with water from the InstaHot up to 1 cup. After it defrosted, I put it in the microwave for two 1 minute sessions. I strained it. It was a thin gel. I put in some Hydroethylcellulose, Calcium Chloride, Coconut Oil and two drops of Tinisan. In the meantime, I filled the measuring cup with the okra. It was EASY.

I decided to take the unadulterated okra gel that was in the measuring cup and use it for my first try. I did my FSG HG--shescent it Coco Creme and Komaza Coconut Pudding. My hair looks okay. The curls are fine, it's a little flat on top, more frizz then usual--and incredibly soft.

All of my reading said that okra is really good for hair and scalp. I will definitely play around with this a little more. Might use the one with thickener and ingredients tomorrow. This was so easy. MUCH simpler then FSG. It may be a good base to try adding to FSG, who knows??
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
modified CG, since April '07
CG since 3/11/08

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic (now Hello Curly Curl Stimulater); Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams