I just recently discovered I have low porosity hair, and I can say this: so far, it affects my routine more than the actual products I use. I hope that makes sense... I'll give examples! When I style my hair, it *has* to be wet. However, it must be just slightly dryer than dripping wet, or the product will drip away with the water (sadly, no "super-soaker method for me). Scrunching product in does not work... I have to go out of my way to distribute the product very evenly and thoroughly, or it will drip/fall out. I can scrunch water out with my hands (gently) after I apply product, but under no circumstances can I use any towel/T-shirt/paper towel/plop to remove water... the product will come out. I also cannot use too many products at a time... the first 2 or maybe 3 (if the 3rd is really light, like an oil) will be absorbed just fine, but after that, it tends to just sit on top and looks gross.

My general rule of thumb when looking for products that will help me is to go for richer, creamier things, and shy away from serums and products that are thin or runny in consistency (but that may be personal preference). I find if they are thicker, they stay put better, and my hair has a chance to absorb them. I also stay away from products that are designed to be part of a layering system: curl activators, frizz control, shine pomade/spray... I prefer to go for multi-function products so that I can cut down on the number I have to use at one time. This only applies to stylers/after wash products... I have like 10 products I use in the shower lol!

I don't think I found anything that did not work *specifically* because it interacted with my low porosity badly.
Hope it helps!
You can't stop my happiness 'cuz I like the way I am! -Hairspray
Dangerously open to product suggestion
3b, thick, angled bob, coarse, low(ish) porosity.
Favs:
Poo (when I get buildup): Bumble&Bumble Curly Shampoo
Lo-poo: L'Oreal EverCurl Cleansing Conditioner
LI: Aveda Be Curly Prep
Stylin': Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer for a natural full-bodied look, SheaMoisture Smoothie for finger curls.