Last night I bought Jessicurl WDT because it's protein and glycerin free. I put on a shower cap and left it on for a couple of hours and once I rinsed it out, my hair felt so dry and hard. I was really hoping it would work but it didn't and that's what really made me want to just quit. I'm considering trying KBB's Luscious Locks Hair Mask along with the Sweet Ambrosia (glycerin is pretty low on the list of ingredients). I'm still thinking about getting the Butter Love.
Originally Posted by noir
1-I think using the right products can make a big difference. when you check out KBBs Luscious, also look into (or ask for samples of) her moisturizing shampoo and conditioner- all natural products that aim to moisturize have been game changers for my hair.

2-also try an apple cider vinegar (acv)rinse to rid of build up from previous products. it serves as a neutralizer and gives you a fresh start. after experimenting with different products, even after a wash, my hair was feeling like straw for a while. an acv rinse removed that buildup and my hair was able to really benefit from the natural shampoos, shea etc in a new way.

3- twist or braid even if large every night. permed hair made me think water was an enemy but also dampen hair a tiny bit water before applying shea, butter or whatever you may use to twist. then wear silk stocking etc. this has done wonders compared to trying to rewear twist out etc. especially if hair is dry.
Style: Twists as protective style for winter, occassional bantu twist outs.
Weekly: Preepoo w/ rosemary water, honey, coco oil and castor oil. Wash w/ KBB conditioning poo, condition with KBB moisturizing conditioner. Twist with KBB Sweet Ambrosia, Shea and dab of castor oil.
Monthly:KBB Luscious Locks DT. Terressentials detox left hair significantly softer and shinier, now use to wash once every 2 months.