A couple of years ago I started covering the grays...just too many to live with.

Anyhoo..the first one was a box. I have light brown hair and wanted to match it. Unfortunately, I purchased a neutral tone. I have some reddish tones and it brought those out WAY more than I liked. I knew I was in trouble when my wet hair seemed orange at the roots. UGH! I have learned that I need to go with cool tones. I have done a batch from Sally's and it was fine (mixed with a 20). I have also had it professionally colored twice. But that get's expensive fast. So I would like to mostly do the Sally's route and once in a while get it professionally done.

OK...that's all well and good, but what I don't get is the different numbers on the bottles of additives that you buy to combine with your color (from Sally's). Could someone please explain this in very simple terms to me?

For instance, the light ash brown seemed a bit darker than what I really am so I was thinking of the dark ash blonde, but I don't want to strip color, I just want to cover over what is there. Is that possible? My goal is to simply cover the gray. I want to remain as close to my normal color as possible since I am SO bad at upkeep.

Thanks
2a (nc.com), 2a/2bFii (fia), normal porosity

Cowash:TN Radiant Volume
RO TN Moisturizing .
Styling products:AVG, Ecostyler Crystal
Styling Methods: Pixie-style diffusing - total fav
Low-poo: AO Nourishing Lavender

http://designdedication.com

saved by grace, walking by faith