View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 02:01 PM   #10
PRINCETON

DAY 3 and 4 and PICS
#######################

On Day 3 which [3rd day hair] I got a lot of compliments the next day on how the hair seemed more defined and looked like it just blew in the wind LMAO

I think I'm gonna try that Kinky Curling Custard but not sure if I want to pay $20 for that small container.

#######
DAY 4
#######

Last night I co-washed with 2
NO CONE conditioners. I learned that you use one conditioner to gently massage and scrub the scalp then your second conditioner to detangle and rinse.

I am finding out that my hair styles respond better when I apply styling products in steps, wait an hour, and then rewet and style with a gel to seal. I have about 4 different curl patterns and they have to be taken into account.

To attain great 2nd Day and even 3rd day hair I found it useful to seal with a hard hold gel and then immediately style for 1st day hair considering first day will include crunchy curls.

Then when 2nd an 3rd day arrive just finger comb and gently massage out the hair which is enclosed in the hard gel encasings. You might decide to keep some of the hard more shiny pieces and you can also separate the larger clumps to add more volume and depth.

This is my second day hair after waking up and fingering out some of the crunchy gel. I also scrunched. You can't tell in the pictures but there's a lot of depth.

Looks like I cut several inches of hair but it's just shrinks up a lot when it dries. Also, I used regular conditioner as my leave-in so it's kinda stringy but doable for now:

Back of my hair so you can see it is curly too.

#####
WAYS TO IMPROVE
#####

I need to get a hold on the frizz and estranged pieces. I hate the estranged pieces because they dry by themselves and don't appear to have any direction or purpose other than they are wavy or curly but very thin and lonely looking.

Also, I think I'm gonna try to not use any gel just creamy leave-in but I have no clue which leave-in is free of CONES.

I just started growing my hair last year from this so I have NO IDEA ABOUT HAIR PRODUCTS an just found out leave-in conditioner existed about 2 months ago:

PRINCETON BROOKE
Chief Software Engineer & Web Developer
http://apps.facebook.com/PrincetonBrooke

Last edited by PRINCETON; 05-30-2011 at 02:12 PM.
PRINCETON is offline   Reply With Quote