Being over-conditioned is possible; I never considered that could make my hair dry. I don't say dry just because of the frizz - the canopy and ends feel dry to the touch.

My hair is on the finer side of fine-medium and my guess is high-porosity. (I'm still figuring these things out.) I do need heavier products or my hair gets fluffy.

The product was Lustrasilk Olive Oil Cholesterol. I don't see anything in the ingredients, but those of you who have been around longer may notice something:
Water, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, stearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, olive oil, cholesterol, soybean oil, safflower oil, wheat germ oil, aloe vera extract, fragrance, vitamin e, methyl paraben, propyl paraben, phosphoric acid, DMDM hydantoin, disodium EDTA, yellow #5, blue #1

I used a Giovanni Smooth as Silk Extreme Protein Hair Infusion last night and it seems like things are looking up. My hair was very curly with good clumps. I went to bed with damp hair and plopped for the first time using a t-shirt.

This morning I have clumps with a bit of frizz. I think some of it is from sleeping. I haven't done my hair for the day. It does still feel dry, but it is definitely better.
Originally Posted by Kayjayess
+1 on over-conditioning. The Lustrasilk has a lot of oils, plus cholesterol - pretty heavy-duty. I did a similar thing to myself, and I should know better, lol! My hair generally likes a lot of moisture (and protein), and like you, I need heavier products in general. I love Shea Moisture products, but my hair started acting funky a couple of weeks ago. It finally struck me that a). I might have some buildup from so much shea butter, and b). the dew points have been high, so there's already a lot of moisture in the air. I did a baking soda cleanse, ACV rinse, and protein treatment. Voila - my curls were back and bouncing!

IAgirl has a good recipe for a heavy hit of protein. You can find the thread here: PT recipe - as promised. If you read through the thread, there are lots of variations. Also, she recently started a thread on Colorful Neutral Protein Filler from Sally's here: Colorful Neutral Protein Filler. You can add a little to your conditioner, make a protein spray with it - all sorts of stuff. I've been instructed by IAgirl to dig mine out (it's in the thread ) and plan to mess around with it today. HTH!
3b/3a, medium porosity, slightly coarse, high elasticity, high density. CG 2004; mod CG since 2006. CG again since 4/1/11.

Lowpoo:
Gudonya Salty Dawg (etsy), SM Moisture Retention
CO: Gudonya Intense (etsy), SM Restorative, Tresemme Naturals
LI: Gudonya IHC, SMCH Milk, Tresemme Nat, Biotera LI
Stylers (current rotation): AVG/H20 spray, Eco Styler, EVCO, SMCH smoothie and mist, La Bella LoC, ORS Lock & Twist.
Homemade DTs, PTs and Pre-Poos
Love flour sack towels.
Coconut oil = magic!