Just as an update....the color has totally faded already. I am now very coppery/orangish. YUCK!

I think I am going to look into Robert Craig.
Originally Posted by techmom
Techmom: I thought your color looked great in your photos. Was this permanent color with highlights? If was it was permanent, I'm surprised it faded so quickly. I know what you mean about the coppery tint. That's why I'm so leary about coloring my hair with a color that isn't ash. I decided I wasn't ready for RC color yet (mainly due to the fact it is permanent color) so I purchase Garnier HerbaShine in med ash brown. When it's time, I'm just applying it to my roots and then pulling through to the ends the last 5 minutes or so since my hair really takes dye. It's a never ending battle. I'm sorry your color didn't last. It looked interesting on the box.

From what I understand about permanent color is it passes through the cortex of the hair and permanently dyes your hair. I'm not sure if that fades out to your natural color over time. That's another reason I'm afraid to use permanent color. I don't want to be a slave to my hair color. At least with semi permanent, it only deposits color on the hair shaft which eventually rinses out over a few weeks.

I just went online to Loreal. The base color is permanent.
3B Fine (lots of it), Normal to High Porosity
Low Poo: Elucence Moisture Poo, Renpure Organics
Co-Wash: Tresseme Naturals, Giovanni TT
Rinse Out: Biologe Cond Balm, SS Deeply Decadent Moisturizing Treatment
Leave-In: Oyin Hair Dew, CJ Beautiful Curls,
Stylers: SS Curl Enhancing Jelly, SS Firm Holding Styling Gel, Jessicurl RR and CC, BRHG, Biolage Gelee
Extras: ACV rinses every couple of months

Last edited by SheBros; 06-22-2011 at 06:08 PM.