Great thread/discussion. As a long term transitioner I would have loved to have had something like this to refer to throughout my journey. My last relaxer was July/August 2007, I kept my hair at a little longer than shoulder length and never did a BC and have been completely curly since Oct/Nov 2010. What a journey it has been.

Sent from my DROIDX using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by NYCgirl

Wow. Congrats on a successful long term transition! Your hair looks beautiful btw. Even though you are no longer transitioning please keep checking in & posting. We can all learn from those who came before us & I'm sure the other ladies would also love to hear your opinions/advice!

I am past shoulder length now & about 1 to 2inches from apl. I am hoping to either get to full apl or reach bsl (by January at the latest) & then maintain my hair at that length until my natural hair reaches either apl or bsl. However we all know how unpredictable this journey can be so I'm trying to focus on maintaining the health of my hair vs gaining length.
Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
(Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)

Loving: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's