[/QUOTE]

The not being able to put my hair up, specially now that it's hot it's exactly what's keeping me from cutting my hair. My new growth is about 4 inches but it looks much shorter than that because it is sooo curly. So I know that if I cut a lot of hair it'll take me forever to grow it to where I have it now. I'll probably just cut big chunks several times instead of doing one big chop. I have a dilemma between my curls and my length. I either cut it really short now and rock my very beautiful but very short curls or I keep my long hair with two very different textures...[/QUOTE]

Why is it that every dang time I write a long, detailed response & go to submit it this website always kicks me off?! Its beyond annoying!

Anyway I believe we all have that dilemna when it comes to transitioning long term. Everytime I wash my hair I look at all those beautiful curls/coils & I think 'I wanna be natural rt now'! LOL in full tantrum mode! LOL.

However I KNOW I would not be happy w/the current length I'm at now. I really believe that people underestimate the power of shrinkage. I have not had a perm in a yr & if my natural hair were permed it would be at/a little past my shoulders. However w/the shrinkage it sits well above my shoulders. Since I will be wearing my hair 'curly' the majority of the time I need to be at a length that I am comfortable with before I completely let go of the permed ends.

At the end of the day we all have to do whats best for us. If you decide you want to chop go ahead. If not we will still be here as a support. I do know that when I really get the urge to chop I just dust my ends. That way I satisfy the urge to cut w/out sacrifcing my length. Then when its all said & done I'm always happy that I just dusted my ends instead of cutting my hair!
Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
(Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)

Loving: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's