I've learned about duck clips! These have saved my flat hair from damnation.

Weirdly, I am not a huge fan of certain things a lot of other curlies like (co washing with Suave Naturals doesn't do much for me, and I'm still deciding if I like KCCC, but so far it is just meh). I also like plopping despite having shortish hair, but not with product in...I plop for a couple minutes, apply product, let it air dry for a few, then diffuse and clip. Works wonders for me!

I am happy staying away from sulfates and silicones! I just wish a lot of Ouidad stuff didn't have the cones...
Originally Posted by Gibbsy777
So how are the duck clips saving you from having flat hair? Do share.
Originally Posted by cjcurly
My whole routine when I wash - low poo, conditioner (products in sig), plop with microfiber towel, pat down with towel or t shirt, add gel, let it air dry a couple minutes while I apply makeup, diffuse upside down, spray clips with GF curling gel (for more hold), add minimum of 3 clips - left and right side, one in the back (somedays I use more). You take the clips and grab a portion of hair on the crown that tends to be flat...you want a good grab of hair and the clip needs to stand up, parallel so it LIFTS from the crown. I leave these a minimum of 30 minutes and someones add a little more heat from the diffuser. I leave these in on my commute to work.

It's amazing! Using a gel (spraying it or dipping) is the key to keeping the hair nice and volumous on top. I have an angled bob (DEVA cut) so staying on top of cuts is also important.
*Shampoo - Tresemme Naturals (low sulfate) once every week or two.
*Conditioner - DEVA One (used for co-wash too). Yes To Carrots conditioner.
*Leave in - Garnier Fructis Clean styling cream & gel (DEVA gels are hit or miss depending on the weather. ULTA medium hold gel is also silicone free).
*Other likes - DEVA moisture lock spray, Ducks Clips (spray with gel first), diffuse 30 - 40%.