I'll be a year post on July 9th, and I plan to transition between 18 months through 2 years.

Ladies, what are your methods when it comes to trimming your relaxed ends? I want to try and trim in twisted sections, but I am nervous. I really can't afford to go to stylist, and I rather not straighten my hair for it.
Originally Posted by ravenm721
Every week I wash my hair I style it into bantu knots to stay in until the next wash day. Like this week I dusted my ends. So since I do everything in small sections (wash, detangle & style) I just twisted each piece & then lightly dusted each end before I made each bantu knot. Very simple & effective.

I don't believe you really need to trim your hair unless you want to, you're in a rush to get rid of the relaxed ends or they are very damaged (well I can't even say that. My hair was badly damaged when I started & I never did a dust or trim until 4months in & there were no major issues). However I would not necessarily recommend doing the same to others.

Some people swear by cutting straight, others wet & curly. You will just have to experiment & see what works best for you and your hair. However I would really suggest only dusting if your apprensive about cutting your own hair. When you dust you cut soooo little off anyway it really won't effect your length anyway.
Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
(Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)

Loving: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's