06-28-2011, 10:35 AM
Join Date: Nov 2009
I think the reference to "new growth" is used primarily when one is dealing with a combination of relaxed hair and natural hair. I definitely used this terminology during my transition and would say that once I had the last of my relaxed ends trimmed off, I no longer felt the need to differentiate and simply used the word "hair" from that point on.
Why differentiate? IMO its a matter of over a period of time having to deal with (and discuss) the needs of 2 different hair textures on ones head.
Funny thing is once folks have completed their transition it then becomes a matter of differentiating the different curl types and the needs associated with those.
Sent from my DROIDX using CurlTalk App
- Oils: EVOO,Watermelon Seed,Argan, Coconut
- Cleanse: CD Monoi Repairing Shampoo, Soultanicals Honey I Shrunk the Frizz Poo Bar
- Detangle/RO: Soultanicals Mango Dip Detangling Slip
- LI: DB Sweet Cocoa Bean Moisturizing Hair Whip
- DC: Crece Pelo,MJ Super Sweetback
- PT: CJ Repair Me,Smooth Naturals Strengthen
- Style: CRN Aloe Whipped Butter Gel, CRN Almond Jai Twist Butter, WetLine Xtreme Gel,Cantu Coconut Curling Cream
- Moisturize: DN Whipped Amla Frosting,CoN Argan Oil Perfect 7