06-28-2011, 10:35 AM
Join Date: Nov 2009
I think the reference to "new growth" is used primarily when one is dealing with a combination of relaxed hair and natural hair. I definitely used this terminology during my transition and would say that once I had the last of my relaxed ends trimmed off, I no longer felt the need to differentiate and simply used the word "hair" from that point on.
Why differentiate? IMO its a matter of over a period of time having to deal with (and discuss) the needs of 2 different hair textures on ones head.
Funny thing is once folks have completed their transition it then becomes a matter of differentiating the different curl types and the needs associated with those.
Sent from my DROIDX using CurlTalk App
- Oils: EVOO, Macadamia, Avocado,Argan, Coconut
- Cleanse: PM Awapuhi Wild Ginger Moisturizing Lather Shampoo, Carols Daughter Monoi Repairing Shampoo
- Detangle/RO: Oyin Honey Hemp, QB Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee
- LI: CJ Argan & Olive Oil Daily Hair Condish
- DC: CJ Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix, MJ Super Sweetback, Cantu Deep Treatment Masque
- PT: CJ Repair Me
- Style: Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel, CJ CIAB, Cantu Coconut Curling Cream
- Moisturize: Original Moxie Hair Bling, Bask Palm Tapioca