Thread: Devacurl
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 03:34 PM   #2
redheadedcurlygurl

I assume you just mean the devacurl products? I got the little travel/sample pack because I was interested in trying the products, but mostly because I needed a microfiber towel. :-) Overall, I didn't love the products because they weren't moisturizing enough or strong enough hold for me. They smell wonderful, though.

The No Poo was fine. Since it has no lather, I really didn't notice any difference compared to any other conditioner I've used for co-washing. I have a really hard time spending that much money on a cleanser when I can spend $1.50 on a big bottle of Suave conditioner to co-wash, but that's just me (I don't have tons of money to get several expensive hair products so I need to save where I can).

The One conditioner was fine, but I didn't think it was conditioning enough for my hair, even if I didn't rinse much out. My hair has always soaked up conditioner and I know everyone's hair is different but mine is about 3A and I would think your 3C/4A would probably need more moisture than mine. I have been using it as a leave-in conditioner and also using it most nights (I mix some with a little water and apply to my hair just slightly moist to try and add some more moisture) but after I use up the little bottle I won't buy it again. Same issue as the shampoo, I just can't justify the expense for something I can get much cheaper in another brand.

Lastly, the Angel was also just fine. It didn't have a lot of hold, even if I used a lot. They do have another gel, Arc Angel, but not in any small sizes (that I've seen) so I haven't tried it. For right now, I'm sticking to LA Looks (although I have a trial pack of Jessicurl products coming and I can't wait to try them!)

I don't know if any of that helps. Like I said, smells great, but, for my hair at least, there's not enough conditioning and hold power. Good luck!

Co-wash: Suave Naturals
Conditioner: Nature's Gate Jojoba
Gel: LA Looks Mega Hold

Still trying to figure out what my hair likes and how to beat the frizz.
redheadedcurlygurl is offline   Reply With Quote