View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 04:14 PM   #6
Butterfly_Curlz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsSoRaven View Post
thank you ladies! i really appreciate your responses!

looks like i have a LONG road ahead of me.
Well yes and no. I am still transitioning however I really wanted to get a true idea of my hair texture so I took a few pieces of hair in different areas and just cut off the relaxed ends (viola...hair texture w/no relaxed ends weighing them down). Now I still waited until I was about 8 to 10 months along before I even did that but it worked. I still have 3 different textures in my hair (which many of us do), however it gave me some idea of what I would be working with.

So if you can wait it out a few more months and then cut the relaxed ends off in a few areas (I cut near my ear, center of my head & back...all areas that are easily blended in for the duration of my transition) it will give you a pretty accurate idea of your hair texture & the only reason I say wait is bc in the beginning your still growing out the perm & your texture can look different from month to month (month 2 my hair was wavy, month 4 it was lose curls & by month 6 you could really see the true curl pattern). Its really not as long as you think. Papermache was rt...when you focus on the health vs the length the time flies by!

Loving: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's

Butterfly_Curlz is offline   Reply With Quote