View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 12:46 PM   #1
Rockangelxoxo

Default I really need like extreme help. I am getting so discouraged.

Hi, I had loads of help before, so I thought I'd try again. I have a couple of questions plus I need a little encouragement.

1) How long does it take to see your curl pattern? I cut off relaxed ends in Dec 2008 because I was getting my hair colored at that time, but still continued to Press N Curl until Jan 2010 where I then stopped all heat to my hair. I started to do-it-myself flat iron in Jan 2011. Is what I see whenever I wash my natural pattern? Or do I still need to give it time?

2) Could dryness/moisture be affecting what my curl pattern could be? For the life of me, I can't get my hair moisturized and STAY moisturized. Could that be affecting what my pattern is or could be? And how it hold styles?

3) How to keep hair moisturized? My hair is highly porous and I assume highly damaged from 15+ years of Chemical Relaxers and a year of Press N Curls. No matter what I do, I can't keep moisture in my hair. I spritz with Water/Olive Oil mixture. Coconut Oil is just sucked up in my hair, still leaving it dry just oily. With my current mixture, it's moisturized for 5 minutes, then POOF! dry.

4) How to get hair to lay down? Not even flat twists or flat braids can get my hair to lay flat. It makes having hair styles other than a poof, really hard.

4) LOSING HOPE. I am losing so much hope, I am not even kidding. I can't even flat iron my hair anymore because it the ends poofs/frizzes up immediately after flat ironing. My hair does not lay flat. I was going to make my own clip-ins, but if my hair doesn't lay flat, I can't hide the clips. And really, with my kinks or flat, I am not happy at all.

Please Help. I posted my current regime as of last week below. It's a new last ditch effort before I go back to Press N Curls. Until I get my hair to a length in which I am comfortable with my curls, I want to at least flat iron. But, my hair is growing and I don't really see any breakage. Just shedding. But it's probably so unhealthy. Any and all help is greatly, GREATLY appreciated.

Wash (once a week): Loreal EverSleek Intensive Replenishing Shampoo
Condish (co-wash) : Aussie Moist
DT (once a week) : AO Honeysuckle Rose Condish (w/heat)
Spritz/Sealant: Water/Olive Oil
Leave In: AO Island Replenishing Moisture Condish
Rockangelxoxo is offline   Reply With Quote