I keep mine in bc I don't feel like going through the drama of trying to figure out how to style my hair & it not turning out right or more importantly since I'm long term transitioning, I prefer just to throw on a quick weave (which will turn out the same way each time) & go & my hair is still protected underneath in the bantu knots.
Originally Posted by JaylensMami10
Yeah, that works! I was never into weaves and wigs and stuff though, so I just have to make do. Hopefully it'll be all grown out sooner than later.
Originally Posted by NaturallyRece
Girl I was never into them either until I had to be due to hair breakage from the perms. However once I tried it & found one I loved I've been rocking it ever since. I actually have been purchasing the same style for the past 2 & a half yrs! It is a little weird at first but you will get used to it...I say just go to the BSS & try a few different ones on just to see. If you really don't like it you can leave w/out it.

I really like this thread. I am transitioning for the 3rd time this year. I'm trying to stay faithful to growing out my relaxer. My hair gets very big and curly at the roots after 3-4 months. I find during those painful months braid outs are the only styles I can wear. During the 3-4 month mark my hair is way too thick for a bun. My hair depending on the season gets extremely dry and soaks up product. That's another issue I want to tackle this time around. Any tips or suggestions from anyone that has made it past the 3-4 month mark?
Originally Posted by hippiedoll
Are you dry bunning or wet bunning? My hair is hella thick and dry bunning really doesn't do the job for me. However when I wet bun it works out 1000xs better!
Originally Posted by JaylensMami10
I really don't wet bun because when I sleep with my hair wet I wake up with a headache and a stuffy nose. Now that outside is hot I'll try it in the day time
Products I'm currently :
  • Karen's Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia (Vanilla Latte scent)
  • Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk
  • Certified Organic Coconut Oil
  • Karen's Body Beautiful Heavenly Jojoba Oil
Staple Deep Conditioners: Giovanni Direct Leave-in and Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locks Hair Mask

Recent newbie to the Curly Girl Method
6 months post relaxer. I will be 7 months post September 17 !!