View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 06:20 PM   #104
Butterfly_Curlz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusycurly View Post
Thanks for the tips!
No problem! I also just realized that I never answered your question about the drying time. Honestly I don't know Lol. I know thats probably not much help but in this hottt weather I take as much moisture getting into my hair as possible at all times so it really doesn't bother me if its kinda wet.

I also moisturize twice a day so even if my hair is close to getting dry it just gets re-wet when I spritz it again. However I have noticed that when I take my bun down at the end of the week the hair inside is still slightly damp which I think is more due to the fact that I moisturize twice daily then anything.

Don't know if that really helped you or not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiedoll View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaylensMami10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturallyRece View Post

Yeah, that works! I was never into weaves and wigs and stuff though, so I just have to make do. Hopefully it'll be all grown out sooner than later.
Girl I was never into them either until I had to be due to hair breakage from the perms. However once I tried it & found one I loved I've been rocking it ever since. I actually have been purchasing the same style for the past 2 & a half yrs! It is a little weird at first but you will get used to it...I say just go to the BSS & try a few different ones on just to see. If you really don't like it you can leave w/out it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiedoll View Post
I really like this thread. I am transitioning for the 3rd time this year. I'm trying to stay faithful to growing out my relaxer. My hair gets very big and curly at the roots after 3-4 months. I find during those painful months braid outs are the only styles I can wear. During the 3-4 month mark my hair is way too thick for a bun. My hair depending on the season gets extremely dry and soaks up product. That's another issue I want to tackle this time around. Any tips or suggestions from anyone that has made it past the 3-4 month mark?
Are you dry bunning or wet bunning? My hair is hella thick and dry bunning really doesn't do the job for me. However when I wet bun it works out 1000xs better!
I really don't wet bun because when I sleep with my hair wet I wake up with a headache and a stuffy nose. Now that outside is hot I'll try it in the day time
Wow. Ok. See thats why everything doesn't work for everyone but maybe the hot weather would make a difference especially if you were bunning during the colder months and this happened to you.

Loving: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's

Butterfly_Curlz is offline   Reply With Quote