It's sad when a curly girl is hating their own curls, because they didn't turn out as they desired.

For example, I have "Like"-ed a few natural hair pages on Facebook and on one, this girl was asking for help and guidance.

People gave her inspiring words, and she gave more descriptions of why she was not happy with her hair.

However she made a comment on how her hair doesn't look and grow as fast as her peers, but she has never had N word hair.

That was an eyebrow raising moment, because by her definition I may have that type of hair. I didn't comment,however, other people let her know that it wasn't best to say those words, especially in a environment where we are trying uplift fellow curlies. Somehow she became offended by that and said she won't use that page again.

The fact of that happening made me wonder. Why do people expect to go natural if they can't accept their hair for what it is??

If you're on the verge of giving up just because you wanted to have loose glossy locks and it grows out dry, tightly curled, and frizzy, maybe you're not doing it for the right reason.

There were times that I felt lost and didn't know what to do with my hair, however, I feel there are ways around that without degrading your hair and others like it.

If you are transitioning and you're clueless about your hair my advice is to get some braids, a sew-in, or even a wig (a lot of women do that these days), and do research, ask around, there is someone out there willing to lend a helping hand because they went through it too.

I learned not to expect what my hair should be. I just go along for the ride and find the healthiest things for my hair and myself.

ALL CURLIES who went through that transition please share what you learned to conquer not hating your hair and growing to love your hair.

I hope this helps a girl in doubt of their natural hair.

LOVE YOUR CURLS

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is" --Bob Dylan
"You never find yourself until you face the truth."-- Pearl Bailey