View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 04:12 PM   #6
MrsBachemin

Ok, so my appointment with Barbara was great and my twists are beautiful! Barbara was very knowledgeable and talked me through the whole process. First she sprayed my hair with a detangler called Nourish (their brand) and she combed my hair out and put it in chunky twists. Then she shampooed it twice, while still in twists (I can't remember the name of the shampoo, but it was also their brand). She conditioned it and took the twists out, using her fingers to make sure my hair was still detangled. She rinsed out the conditioner, wrapped my head in a towel, and we went back to her station. She used Monoi Milk (their brand) to blow dry my hair in sections, then she applied an oil (I can't remember the name) to blow through it again. She said it was to seal in moisture and acted as a hot oil treatment at the same time. She trimmed my hair and started twisting away. I love that she continuously showed me what she was doing (before she trimmed, after she trimmed, and when she first started twisting (to make sure the twists were the size I wanted)). She told me that because my trim was fresh that some of my ends might start to come apart, but I could just twist them back and they should stay. She also told me what to do to maintain my twists over the next 3-4 weeks, although I had to ask, and she suggested some products for me to use for my hair. Barbara was so nice and funny and patient! I felt bad because my appointment took longer than expected and she hadn't stopped to eat, but she kept reassuring me that it was ok; this really made me feel like she only cared about my satisfaction. If you are thinking of going to Natural Resources, don't just think about it, do it!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using CurlTalk App
MrsBachemin is offline   Reply With Quote