View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 07:36 PM   #28
SheBros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mophead View Post
Thankfully, I have very dark brown hair and there is no need to mix colors. If I did that, I'd probably wind up with green hair. You all are mentioning "ash"; ash is notorious for adding in red. I learned this the hard way, I purchased light ash brown on year and come out with Strawberry Blonde Hair (with nice dark brown eyebrows) yeah, that was attractive.

I'm planning on coloring my few grays that have appeared on my hairline, which like most of you is only visible when I pull my hair back (which is something I do daily). I do have 1 box of Herbashine in stock and a bunch of other ones of permanent color, which I may try to take back to exchange for a non permanent color.

I also thought about going to Sally, but I'm confused as what to buy. How do I choose the white stuff (sorry, I don't know what the technical term is)?
Mophead: I think you may have the ash tone wrong. Ash tone doesn't pull red. It combats red. Ash is a cool tone (green, blue, purple). See example below. HTH.

The cool (ash) colors are blue, green, and purple. When the hair color names refer to "dark ash blonde" and so forth, it means they have a green, blue, or purple undertones. You should be careful with these colors. If you put a green or blue undertone color on a warm color (especially a gold/yellow color) hair...most shades of blonde except for strawberry blonde that has red in it, you will come out with green tones in your hair. If you have brown hair with red highlights and you can't stand the red, then you would use the opposite color on the wheel to neutralize the red. In this case, the neutralizing color would be green (ash). Ash is generally used to remove red tones from hair color.
Rinse Out: Biologe Cond Balm, SS Deeply Decadent Moisturizing Treatment
Leave-In: Oyin Hair Dew, CJ Beautiful Curls,
Stylers: SS Curl Enhancing Jelly, SS Firm Holding Styling Gel, Jessicurl RR and CC, BRHG, Biolage Gelee
Extras: ACV rinses every couple of months
SheBros is offline   Reply With Quote