Thread: Are you mixed?
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 04:04 AM   #88
FluffyZGiggler

Funny, people don't ask me if I'm mixed, they just make the assumption that I am and go from there. I am, but it's funny that people just automatically make the assumption and don't even ask for confirmation. This could also spawn from the fact that I don't speak in "black" creole English (I'm an English major, so that would go against everything I know and love about the English language... despite my recent course on the development of pidgins and creoles in the English language) and have mostly "white" friends. I also only get this question (or in most cases: statement) phrased in that particular manner from black people. White people wait a few days of knowing me and then ask what my racial background is (if I don't mind saying). This is one of the few times where I appreciate people being more politically correct. Mixed is such a derogatory statement, despite the fact that it probably does more for humanity's genetic pool. Sigh.

LowPoo: ORS Curls Unleashed Lavish in Lather Sulfate Free Shampoo
Cond: Whole Foods 365 Cond - Lavender
Leave In/2nd Day: Cond Mix in Spray Bottle:
1/2 c Cheap Condtioner (VO5 atm)
1/2 c Water
2 tbs Good Conditioner (SheaMoisture Organic Yucca and Baobab Volumizing Conditioner atm)
2 tsp CNPF
1/4 c Aloe Gel
20 drops Essential Oils
3 tbs Avocado Oil
Seal: Avocado Oil
Deep Cond: SheaMoisture Organic Yucca & Baobab Anti-Breakage Hair Masque
FluffyZGiggler is offline   Reply With Quote