View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 06:27 AM   #13
MichelleBFT

People who try to assess my mood from a split second of interaction. The guy who works the register at my local Mexican joint does this. I want to stab him with my keys.

People who get in the fast lane and then go half a mile and hour faster than the car they were behind in the slow lane.

People who ignore the vast line of traffic behind them when they're going unreasonably slow in the fast lane.

People who free form their thoughts out loud constantly. People who ask questions without enough information in them, requiring that I ask ten follow up questions in order to figure out what they're talking about.

People who are judgy about other people's preferences. No, I don't like onions. No, I don't care how vital they may seem to you, they taste like soap to me. No, I don't care what your opinion on this subject is.

Posted from my smart phone; please excuse typos or brevity.
"And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
Stolen.
MichelleBFT is offline   Reply With Quote