I still cheat with sugar in my coffee too! I just don't drink it nearly as sweet as I used to. Today I was so tempted to get the cafeteria mac-n-cheese but I held strong and got the baked chicken with cabbage/spinach mix (which was delicious by the way). Maybe on another cheat day I'll opt for a small serving of the mac-n-cheese.... Mmmmmmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
Originally Posted by SwtAnana
I may have to have the occasional cheat day too.. I can't see going through this summer without even a single taste of ice cream.

Last night I made the most delicious chicken ever..

2 half chickens (I guess that's one entire chicken)

sea salt, fresh ground pepper, & rosemary on both sides

marinate for minimum of 1 hour with a bit of olive oil & white cooking wine, and a chopped or sliced onion and a few cloves of garlic (to taste.. I used 4 cloves).

After marinating, bake all ingredients in a cast iron skillet, with chicken skin side down for about 45 minutes at 400 degrees. Turn chicken over and bake for another 45 minutes skin side up. I added a dollop of butter to crisp the skin.

When the chicken is done, remove halves from the pan and make a glaze from the remaining juices with a tsp. of brown sugar (not primal I know! lol), a splash more of white cooking wine, and some butter. Whisk together in the pan and spoon the glaze over your chicken halves.

I also ate some steamed veggies with the chicken, and spooned some of the glaze on them.. this was sooo friggin good. I need to make this every week.
"The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
"...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)