Hi Ladies! My recommendation for transitioning back to your natural hair is to cut the relaxer off. I'll share with you my experience...

For the first time in my life I relaxed my hair in '09 for a corporate position I was hired for. My hair is so curly that even when I'd wash my hair with a relaxer in it, my roots and hair would still curl up- well it would be more of a wavy pattern. I didn't like the fact that I couldn't wash and go anymore because it just didn't look natural on me trying to rock relaxed hair without blowdrying and flat ironing my hair. I tried growing out the relaxer, but with having very curly roots and straight ends on my hair, the two textures didn't mesh well together. I decided to cut 4 inches off of my hair which was all relaxer. My hair is much shorter now, but it's all natural, healthy, and my curls are back. I'm not worried about the length because my hair grows fast. I can honestly say that I will never relax my hair again because I was blessed with wash and go hair. This is what God blessed us with and although our coiled hair tends to be dry, if taken care of, it could become healthy. Currently I'm using 'Just For Me (Children's) Shampoo' because it's not harsh like most drug store products and it's only $1.77 at my local Walmart. I then deep condition it once a week with Smooth N Shine Critical Repair- if you want moisture, shine, and healthy hair, try this deep conditioner. I use Smooth N Shine Curl Activator every day by sectioning my hair off into five sections and evenly distributing it throughout my hair. Good luck on your transition and feel free to let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.
Attached Thumbnails
Transitioners support thread-sg1.jpg   Transitioners support thread-sg2.jpg   Transitioners support thread-sg5.jpg