Totally reviving this old thread. I don't feel like a "wavy" imposter as much as a curly imposter. I've always known I had curly hair, never once believed it was messy-straight. If I get out of the shower, even if I rake my hair with product, it will wave. It's not the strongest and it's a frizzy mess, but it's not straight.

If I blow dry it without a diffuser and with no product, it dries almost straight.

However, as a child I had 3a/3b ringlets, bouncy, full of volume, that I didn't know how to care for. If I knew then what I know now!! Instead, I fought it my whole life, relaxed it, straightened it - was looking for that loose beachy wave look. Now, I'm stuck with the beachy wave and wish I had my spirals back! That's why I plop and scrunch and don't ever rake - I lose what few spirals I've managed to restore thus far.
fine, thin, normal/(low?) porosity. Mod-CG. Usually I can't co-wash more than 1x a week, & sometimes I have to use T-Gel in rotation due to scalp issues.

Co-wash: VO5 Volumizing
Poo: Giovanni 50:50
RO:TN, Nexxus Youth Renewal, Alba Coconut
LI: KCKT
PT: gelatin PT, ION EC
Stylers: Giovanni mousse, TIGI Curls Rock amplifier (a-cone), Curls Rock Strong Hold Mousse
Gels: SCC spray gel