View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 07:59 AM   #9
jaclyn15

Thank you all so much for the feedback! I really appreciate it, and it helps to know I am not the only one with these hair issues!

I discovered today that the sulfate shampoo I used for my initial cleanse when I started CG has a hidden silicone, so I think I may need to start over with a sulfate wash! Grrr - tricky little cones. I wonder if that has contributed to my problems.

I have read some of the forums about protein, but wasn't sure how to determine if this was me. I guess I just need to get some protein-free cowash and see if that helps. Luckily with the Suave I am only out $1 if it doesn't work

@Curly Nikki - I feel your pain! I actually was having good results for a long time with silicones and shampoo, and my hair didn't seem unhealthy or anything. But then I was starting to get product build-up and wanted something that would be more natural/healthy for the long term. But right now, my silicones and shampoos are looking really good!

I'm going to start over with a sulfate wash tomorrow to see if that pesky silicone was causing the trouble, and then start experimenting with proteins. I'll let you all know how it goes!
jaclyn15 is offline   Reply With Quote