Thank you all so much for the feedback! I really appreciate it, and it helps to know I am not the only one with these hair issues!

I discovered today that the sulfate shampoo I used for my initial cleanse when I started CG has a hidden silicone, so I think I may need to start over with a sulfate wash! Grrr - tricky little cones. I wonder if that has contributed to my problems.

I have read some of the forums about protein, but wasn't sure how to determine if this was me. I guess I just need to get some protein-free cowash and see if that helps. Luckily with the Suave I am only out $1 if it doesn't work

@Curly Nikki - I feel your pain! I actually was having good results for a long time with silicones and shampoo, and my hair didn't seem unhealthy or anything. But then I was starting to get product build-up and wanted something that would be more natural/healthy for the long term. But right now, my silicones and shampoos are looking really good!

I'm going to start over with a sulfate wash tomorrow to see if that pesky silicone was causing the trouble, and then start experimenting with proteins. I'll let you all know how it goes!