hii everyone i was just wonder if there was anyone who went from neck length hair or shorter and if they got to shoulder length. if you did could you tell me how you did it? my hair has been the same length for 3 years straight and ive recently started taking care of it for 3 months now but i feel like it grew alittle and that its not growing anymore? idk what it is but maybe im doing something wrong someone help me, pictures would be nice also ^.^

i deep condition once a week with garnier deep conditioner
i dont shampoo, i conditioner only with mane & tail or VO5
i use aussie moist as a leave in conditioner i also do the tightly curly method so i detangle when i get out of the shower and have the conditioner in my hair
at night i braid my hair in two pig tails cause its too short to braid into one braid
as for trimming i only do S&D when i see it needed & my hair type is 3c with some 4a

i think thats pretty much it

really any ideas would help me feel alittle less stressed out D:
Originally Posted by elenaa
Hi Elenaa, I started about 2 years ago with about 2 inches of hair, although I transitioned with wigs and micro braids. At it's longest right now, my hair is below CBL.

I noticed that you're doing co-washes only which in a way is good, however, some of the products you're using contain parabens and cones, which can build-up unless you're using some type of sulfate/surfactant to remove to the build-up. This could be why you're not seeing the growth.

The mane and tail contains parabens and the aussie conditioners contains cones.

Just a suggestion, but get a good sulfate shampoo that does not contain cones, to get rid of all of the build-up and then use the VO5 moisture milks conditioner as your co-wash and try switching to Suave naturals or Tresemme naturals as your leave-in and for a deep conditioner, just add some honey and EVOO to either the Suave or the Tresemme. Do that for a few weeks and see how your hair reacts. HTH
sulfate, silicone and protein free since 6/11
porosity - normal to low
elasticity - normal

love my curls
HGs:
FSG
Henna
My own butter mixture
My own version of Terressentials mud wash