To be perfectly blunt, Deva changed their ingredients a few years ago. The more expensive ingredients used to be at the beginning of the ingredient lists and now are at the end. It's so long ago There were a few threads at the time, but you'd have to hunt for them. People were really angry because it took them a LONG time to change the labels.

At this point, I'm not sure their formulations are all that different then some of the drugstore products you're buying. I just checked the ingredients for the One C and was really surprised at the first few ingredients for the prices they charge.

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Glycol Distearate, Cetyl Esters, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Oleo Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Melissa Officinalis (Balm Mint) Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricia) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Achillea Millefolium (Yarrow) Extract, Propylene Glycol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance(Parfum)

nccate, it's possible that you're allergic to propylene glycol. There's a whole thread about that allergy--if you search.
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
modified CG, since April '07
CG since 3/11/08

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic (now Hello Curly Curl Stimulater); Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix and CCCC