View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 03:43 PM   #2
curlycandy3

I don't have any pictures, because it was a long time ago, but my hair has been every color of the rainbow. It's naturally 3b-3c, and like a medium brown. I dye it darker. I didn't know how to wear my curls back then, so I thought my hair was very damaged. But I've been curly for about a year now, multiple stylists tell me my hair is very healthy, but if I skip a conditioner or even a step in my styling, it's a knotted, dry, frizzy mess. Leading me to believe that my hair wasn't damaged back then... I just didn't have patience with my curls. The only difference is that my hair is extremely thick. But I don't think original thickness matters as much as the hair's condition and how well you take care of it.

I love, repeat- LOVE crazy hair colors. So does my boyfriend. If my job didn't require me to have a natural hair color, I wouldn't. I would say go for it. That being said, remember any kind of unnatural styling technique comes with some kind of risk. Keep a close eye, lots of DT's and regular PT's, create as little tension as possible (ie. tight pony tails, hard elastic ties, regular blow outs/straightening) and I think you'll be fine. Hope that helps

Please post pictures!!
Kind of starting from scratch...
Cleanse: various low-poos (still searching)
Condish: Aura Cherry Almond Bark (but always on the look-out)
DT: SMDTM
Styling: LI, curl cream, gel. Insert various products appropriately.
I <3: Coconut & Argan oil, my Denman, a neat side-braid.
"Oh, you were going to straighten it? I just like it curly so much better..."
curlycandy3 is offline   Reply With Quote