Do you know if your hair is fine or coarse? Porous or non porous? Fine and/or porous hair need protein. This will help your hair bounce up (if you need protein).

Most people need something more moisturizing then suave. Especially on the longer parts of the hair. They are older and often more damaged and dryer. Another thing I think is worth trying is coconut oil. If it doesn't work for your hair, you can try it on your skin. For some people coconut oil just makes their hair oily. For others it is amazing.
I add coconut oil to my hair. Enough to make it look like I've had the flu for a week and haven't been able to wash my hair. Leave it in 20 minutes to overnight. Start with less time, but the overnight works better for me. Then I cowash it out. It cowashes right out for me, but some find it harder to remove.
Don't cut your hair until you try a few things and see how it goes.
Good luck.
http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
Cowash: Tresemme naturals
Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
Curl enhancer: FSG
Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers