View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 07:19 PM   #8
mamaherrera

Default Update to help others

God is definitely helping me out but what I've also found has helped me is this. I stopped cowashing scalp, no conditioner on scalp. and section hair so that there is less tangles/mess and you have more control over what you're cleaning. I don't have much hair so three med.size sections is all I have to deal with, much easier to clean than "the whole head". I put conditioner through hair with fingers, and just rub the scalp a bit, not too much. Then I rinse rinse rinse. Rinsing is so important. I'm sure I was getting major conditioner buildup. My hair has been more fuller, more livelier, right away almost. I didn't need a week to see the change, and much more like how I knew it before and after a few days of this, less shedding. Cross fingers We'll see if it continues like that. One thign I will say, though, with all the clipping, pineappling, and stuff, and I was trying to comb in the opposite direction my hair goes (curlisto video) to get more volume, I think this has all added up because my scalp is in major pain. I can't even comb it right now, it 'feels like it's been in a super tight ponytail for a week straight. that kind of pain. ANd I know it's from the clipping to get volume (maybe I was doing it too wet who knows) and combing it in the opposite direction, . Anyone else find this? I need to go around totally undone (hair I mean) for a week or so before I dare manipulate more. BUt yes rinse rinse rinse!
Normal elasticity
can get weighed down with lots of oils
Co-wash-trying giovanni wellness
Rinse out: Garnier Body Boost, GVP
Leave-in: none right now, maybe a touch of SM curling souffle
Curl enhancer: AOMM and KCCC
Gel: Kiss my face gel
DT:Jessicurl
Low Poo: abba pure and natural, Giovanni Wellness
working on: getting rid of frizz from the get-go
mamaherrera is offline   Reply With Quote