For me anyway, it's not that I hate my hair, it's that I *really* hate that I've lived my whole life and I never had any idea of how to take care of my hair. As a result, there never really was any wearing of my hair in its truly gloriously natural state. I either blowdried and flatironed it straight, or washed it and coiled it up in a bun or French twist.

In the short time that I've let my hair go natural, I've seen it look absolutely fantastic -- which has always been when it's well-moisturized and healthy and otherwise responding well to the proper care I'm giving it. In other words, when my hair is in a truly healthy state, I *love* it, and it's that truly healthy state that I consider my hair's truly natural state.

On the other hand, since I've gone natural, the only times I've not liked how my hair looked was when *I'm* not understanding what it needs from me for haircare, and as a result it's in anything but its truly natural state. In other words, the problem's NOT my hair. The problem is shamefully mine.

BUT, I'm proud of myself that I'm fiiiiiinally dedicated to learning what my hair is all about so that I can give it the care it deserves and so that it can be its naturally beautiful, healthy, curly self!

P.S. And, yes, I know that what I think looks fantastic for my hair in its natural state isn't necessarily what other people/society thinks looks good, but that doesn't matter because I can't tell you how good I feel when my hair is full and soft and curly and I can run my fingers through it without a tangle to be found anywhere. (I need to remember that on days when I've let my hair down by going too long between PTs or DTs or didn't pineapple it the night before or something.)
3b / Fine / Low (to Med) Density / Normal Porosity & Elasticity

Currently Using [*Holy Grails*]
Cleansers: DC No-Poo / DC Low-Poo / *BaSo & ACV*
Co-Washes/ROs: CJ Beauticurls Argan & OO / DC OneC / Organicals DC Creme
Additives: *Silk Amino Acids* / Honeyquat / Fragrance Oils
LIs (found some!): KCKT / CJ Beauticurls LI / CJ Curl Assurance Smoothing Daily Condish
DTs: *Coconut Oil* rinses / *Honey*, EVOO, & DC OneC / CJ Curl Rehab
Sealer: *DM Super Buttercreme*

Goal: APL Hair

Last edited by Devushka; 09-08-2011 at 06:33 AM.