I started growing out my natural hair because I relocated to a new area where salons charge $100+ for just a touchup. Too rich for my blood so I turned my situation into a test for myself: can I go a year without a relaxer? At the end, I'll decide whether or not I want to go back to the creamy crack or continue my journey into naturalhairdom. It's not that I dislike my hair in its natural state, I just always had a relaxer and I know how to take care of it in that state. I don't remember my natural hair much, it's been a while since we last met. I'm just trying something new and turning it into an adventure of figuring out what works best for me and learning what my natural hair likes. So far she's soft, thick and a little kinky, just my type.

As for worrying about other people's opinions of my hair or anything else related to me, I don't care. I stopped that a while ago because I realized that there will always be someone out there who will dislike me or try to put me down for the tiniest quirk. So there's no reason to sweat it. I decided to do whatever makes me feel happy because I can't and won't please everybody else. They can all eat my shorts.