View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 09:07 AM   #1
hippiedoll

Default Going Natural being fad and becoming mainstream?

I was recently reading articles online about natural hair and transitioning becoming more popular in today's society. One article I read said sales in relaxers have declined since 2007. I also noticed big black haircare brands like Design Essentials, KeraCare, Minzani, Cream of Nature, etc are creating new products to keep up with new independently own Natural/Organic haircare brands. A lot of Black haircare veteran companies are either making products to cater to those with curls/coils/kinks, using better ingredients, or creating natural products all together to compete. I don't think natural hair is a fad because as multicultural people, many of us aren't born with straight hair. Many of us are driven to return to our natural texture/color for different reasons. I know the Economy and people's busy work schedules plays a huge role in people transitioning to natural hair. As for natural hair becoming mainstream, I think more women and men are paying close attention to what they use on their hair and how they care for it. I know women that have transitioned because they simply wanted to. But the act of one person transitioning can inspire others to do the same. I do think people not just Blacks are learning to accept their natural beauty and taking the time out how to care for curly/ethnic hair. What are your thoughts?
  • Certified Organic Coconut Oil
  • Karen's Body Beautiful Heavenly Jojoba Oil
Staple Deep Conditioners: Giovanni Direct Leave-in and Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locks Hair Mask

Recent newbie to the Curly Girl Method
6 months post relaxer. I will be 7 months post September 17 !!
hippiedoll is offline   Reply With Quote