View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 11:05 AM   #71
luvmylocs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaKinkz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmylocs View Post
anyway, what i was wondering is, given what i want from my look from a wash and go, would a pomade such as the oyin burnt sugar pomade or the berries pomade work over a leave in instead of a gel? how do y'all think it would work for me to rake and shake a leave in through my hair (light application) then scrunch in the pomade on the ends to seal, protect and maybe give weight so it doesn't draw up? any feedback would be appreciated!!!
I never rake cause I will loose way too much hair I just smooth product in and shake when done. If I have places that are too clumped then I will go in and separate them. I just used Oyin BSP over BFN CB and it didn't give me as much weight as a gel would but my hair was really soft. Pomades never give my hair the elongation that many gels do. HTH

My hair with BFN CB + Oyin BSP
Attachment 15736 Attachment 15737 Attachment 15738
first off, you are adorable! your hair looks good!! and your makeup too.

okay what is the bfn cb? i think i could deal with a little less elongation for soft hair. gel just gives me too crispy hair. how do you like how your hair looks with the oyin bsp vs. the gel? do you have a comparison pic?

also, i think you're right about maybe not raking but smoothing. i was looking at cynthiarf's youtube videos for advice on wash n go styling and she basically said the same thing you said and in one of the videos she shows how she smoothed in the product and didn't rake.
i'm more relaxed being natural
luvmylocs is offline   Reply With Quote