I wish I could say I have but nope. Maybe it's cuz nobody's buying them as much that they're there but I doubt it. All I know is that I was in the black hair store (run by white folks lol) yesterday and a whole row was dedicated to just them. There was also a lot of women with broken off, over-relaxed hair heading for the weave section, sending glares while I whished my natural twist out. I just laughed to my bff and KIM
Originally Posted by LaBeauteBoucle
I agree weave sales have increased. I haven't been in a black beauty supply store in years so I'm not shocked if they keep relaxers heavily stocked. In drug stores there's usually 2-4 on the shelves every time I go.
Originally Posted by hippiedoll

I've noticed that in my local drug stores as well. Then again I do live in a predominately white area so that may have something to do with it as well...I mean why keep stocking if the little that were selling are not anymore? As far as the local BSS the shelves are ALWAYS full of relaxers but everytime I go in (which is about once sometimes twice a month...I do have to stock up on my raw shea butter yall! Lol) I never see anyone buying any.

I do however see the lace fronts, wigs, quick weaves and extensions moving like hot cakes & its always women with broken, thin and damaged hair buying it all. I'm sooooo glad I'm over the perms because I feel so bad seeing peoples scalps bc of relaxer damage all the damn time!
Originally Posted by JaylensMami10
I agree!! I know a lot of people are BC-ing, transitioning, and weaving it up than relaxing. I live in NY and I see more Black Hair salons emerging in areas where there are Dominican salons on evey corner. There's also local natural hair care salons and people who make/sell products on the scene. I see signs now in almost every neigborhood for hair braiding and loc twisting
Products I'm currently :
  • Karen's Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia (Vanilla Latte scent)
  • Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk
  • Certified Organic Coconut Oil
  • Karen's Body Beautiful Heavenly Jojoba Oil
Staple Deep Conditioners: Giovanni Direct Leave-in and Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locks Hair Mask

Recent newbie to the Curly Girl Method
6 months post relaxer. I will be 7 months post September 17 !!