View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 09:17 PM   #7
The New Black

LOL @ Horshach
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedaheh View Post

2. Where do I put my blush? I have a square face. Also any contouring tips for a square face. I attached a couple random pics. When taking pics my choices are either uncomfortable looking or faux middle aged model. I gave you one of each.
Wow, you're so pretty! Amazing features. And killer hair.

Your face isn't exactly square IMO; it's somewhere between square and diamond shaped. Apply your blush on the apples of your cheeks (yes, every expert seems to rec this, but it works for squarish faces) and blend then apply a subtle shimmery highlight above your blush/below your eyes. This will really put the focus on the center of your face.

To contour, use a tan color 2 shades darker than your skin tone. I’m thinking of Mac Tantone or Blunt. Use an angled brush to apply the color in a triangle shape under your cheekbones, sweep the color on your jaw and entire temple area too, as in this picture: .

Quote:
3. For my oily, hooded, eyeshadow creasing eyelids, do you think the paint style primer (example: MAC paints and paint pots) would work better or the regular style primer (urban decay primer potion, two faced shadow insurance, etc.)? I have a good supply on hand, but I thought I'd ask while you are answering questions.
MAC paints and paint pots crease on me. I think I returned the first Paint Pot I bought for that reason. I heard such raves about it that I decided to try again months later. UDPP was actually the first thing I tried that worked, almost unfailingly. Mark Kay Triple Action Eye Enhancer is (was?) also quite good. Too Faced also works well. I have very oily skin.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kimshi4242

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/kimshi4242
The New Black is offline   Reply With Quote