View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 08:17 AM   #19
pedaheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
LOL @ Horshach
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedaheh View Post

2. Where do I put my blush? I have a square face. Also any contouring tips for a square face. I attached a couple random pics. When taking pics my choices are either uncomfortable looking or faux middle aged model. I gave you one of each.
Wow, you're so pretty! Amazing features. And killer hair.

Your face isn't exactly square IMO; it's somewhere between square and diamond shaped. Apply your blush on the apples of your cheeks (yes, every expert seems to rec this, but it works for squarish faces) and blend then apply a subtle shimmery highlight above your blush/below your eyes. This will really put the focus on the center of your face.

To contour, use a tan color 2 shades darker than your skin tone. Iím thinking of Mac Tantone or Blunt. Use an angled brush to apply the color in a triangle shape under your cheekbones, sweep the color on your jaw and entire temple area too, as in this picture: .

Quote:
3. For my oily, hooded, eyeshadow creasing eyelids, do you think the paint style primer (example: MAC paints and paint pots) would work better or the regular style primer (urban decay primer potion, two faced shadow insurance, etc.)? I have a good supply on hand, but I thought I'd ask while you are answering questions.
MAC paints and paint pots crease on me. I think I returned the first Paint Pot I bought for that reason. I heard such raves about it that I decided to try again months later. UDPP was actually the first thing I tried that worked, almost unfailingly. Mark Kay Triple Action Eye Enhancer is (was?) also quite good. Too Faced also works well. I have very oily skin.
Thank you so much for the advice and thanks for the complements. The advice to try to keep the focus on the center of my face really helps me to know visually what I'm aiming for. I didn't know diamond was a face shape. But I think you spot on in saying I'm a cross between diamond and square. Now I can put on my blush and feel confident I actually did it right. I have a paint style primer now, but next time I'll try the other style. I may even have to get some before i run out of the other.

One additional question. I put a slightly shimmery, slightly lighter concealer in my nasal labial folds to try to camouflage them. Good idea or bad plan? Youtube gurus don't have wrinkles, so they are no help at all. Oh and this question isn't for me. It is for Just a Jesus Chick's "friend". Just a Jesus chick and I have no wrinkles.

Thanks again. This was all really helpful.
Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
Curl enhancer: FSG
Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
pedaheh is offline   Reply With Quote