Rymorg's new thread reminded me that I SERIOUSLY needed to update my Bio -- the old one was pre-CG days.

Curl Pattern: 2c/3a. The waves on the very underlayers of my hair are about 1c or 2a now (shorter hair), but 2bish when longer.
Texture: Medium/Coarse, with some finer strands mixed in my underlayers
Porosity: Definitely low!
Density: THICK!
Elasticity: Low
Characteristics: flat top -- "root curl" usually starts at eyebrow length (sometimes a little higher); tons of different curl types all over my head; prone to lots of poof, fluff, and frizz (and triangle-head ), especially in the back of my head; normally moisture-loving and thirsty (but it's developing a taste for tons and tons of protein); needs help to clump well; fairly strong wave pattern when encouraged enough.

CG/ModCG/not CG: Mod-CG -- I low poo every time I wash due to scalp sensitivities, but I avoid 'cones (although occasionally I will use water-soluble ones).

Hair ingredient likes: In general: Aloe, protein, honey. It also loves oils and butters (coconut and apricot oils and shea butter are by far faves), and my hair (well, me, really ) likes stronger holding gels. Also, it apparently likes Acacia Gum (the stuff in the new Garnier Pure Clean gel), because that stuff is making my hair curl like crazy. It isn't a fan of mousse, but my hair loves a good, goopy, clump-enhancing gel.

Hair ingredient dislikes: Silicones, magnesium sulfate (just discovered it hates this -- really dries me out!), ACV rinses, castor oil, and it wasn't too big on FSG at all.

Hard/Soft Water: .........

HG/Go-to Products: up to 5 products that are constantly in your rotation: Garnier Pure Clean gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse, probably TN conditioners, KMFUM, and EcoStyler Krystal

Average climate/dew points: humid or dry then typical dews: ........

Fall/Winter combos: a LI, lighter hold hold gel, and a strong hold gel on top. Basically, more product layers. Last winter, I think it was LI, La Bella Lots of Curls, and Aussie Instant Freeze on top. I like using heavier products then and more layers. This winter it's SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie, KMFUM, and Eco-Krystal.
Spring/Summer combos: I like either using just a gel (nothing more!), or a gel and Smasters-ing in some LOOB and either SM smoothie or AVG mixed together.

Favorite styling techniques and why: PLOPPING!! I love plopping -- it enhances my curls and takes the moisture out. My hair doesn't look good when I don't plop. I also love pixie diffusing, because it leaves me with less frizz and poof and more defined curls. Icequeen is awesome, too -- I get better clumps.
Techniques that didn’t work and why: Supersoaker -- all the water dragged out my curls. I can't just scrunch with a MF towel and go, either -- it usually leaves me with stringlets. Regular diffusing leaves me with poofy, undefined hair, and I can't apply ALL my products to soaking wet hair (I seem to get no hold or consistency from my curls this way).

Hair Twins: Annilang, Robin-in-FL (?), Oh.hi.its.steph
Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
Mod-CG since 12/1/10!

Last edited by wavynwild16; 03-24-2012 at 08:29 AM.