I've been cg for almost a month now. I realized yesterday that my hair has broken off a bit in the front and when I pull out a strand and pull on it, it breaks without stretching.

I hadn't noticed any problems until yesterday. This is what I have been doing. Co-washing with Suave Naturals Coconut, Conditioning with DevaOne Conditioner or Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine and also leaving in the GFS&S. I scrunch in LA Looks Sport Gel and SOTC when dry (sometimes diffuse on low). I have done 3 DT's with Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque. Last week I colored with Nuturtint, which I know still has some chemicals, but has no ammonia. I followed with a DT the following day. Yesterday, I tried a pre-poo with EVCO. My hair was soft and shiny, but that is when I noticed the breakage. (Several strands in bang area - The part that had been damaged by blow drying straight).

So now I'm confused. Was is the EVCO? Is it from the dye? Am I protein sensitive? What can I use to moisturize and fix this.

I know...so many questions. But I've done so much reading and so many searches and I'm still confused. Everyone seems to need something different and I'm afraid to try anything new at this point. Today, I used the DT again. Rinsed out and followed by regular co-wash, rinse-out, leave-in, gel routine.

Any suggestions on where to go from here?
CG since 9/2011 - 3b/Coarse/Medium thickness

Low Poo: Shea Moisture Retention, Loreal Everpure Sulfate-Free (ocassionally)
Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner
RO: GVP Conditioning Balm, AOHR
LI: GVP Conditioning Balm
DT: Shea Moisture DT Hair Masque, AOHR
Gel: Dep Endurance Styling Gel, HE Set Me Up Spray Gel

http://public.fotki.com/stacyw71/
Password: embracecurls