View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 10:06 AM   #9
gardencurls

Hi Imontgom,

Burt's Bees dries the heck out of my hair. My daughter (age 3) can't use even the baby shampoo, because it tangles her hair so much we've had to cut some tangles out. I don't know why, but it's awful for me. I don't know enough about protein to know if dryness can also mean that hair needs protein, but I've read that it's often an indicator of protein sensitivity; especially dry, dreadlike ends.

Right now I'm using DevaCurl No-Poo for shampoo. My hair feels like silk after cleansing, and the cleanser gets all the tangles out! I'm using other products from the line, too (see signature) and I also use stuff from Curk Junkie and Kinky Curly.

You might want to try some Kinky Curly products. They don't have proteins, silicones, sulfates, or glycerin, and they're highly moisturizing.

I noticed a huge difference in my hair when I washed with a clarifying shampoo (Pure Curls) and left Heaven in Hair on my head overnight. I've dont this twice, and it makes my curls spring the next day.

Before CG I used to buy a bottle of jojoba oil at Trader Joes's and use it as a leave-in overnight, or pre-shampoo, and it helped a lot. I didn't understand then that my other products were negating the good effects from the oil though.

Keep us posted on how your hair is doing!