My hair can get weighed down by too much gel, too, as I have low elasticity. I have a sort of love-hate relationship with raking in my products; raking gives me the coverage I need to avoid frizz, but I do feel that it pulls out a bit of the curl, especially at the roots. But I'd rather have less frizz, so raking it is.

I definitely use a floursack towel to squeeze out excess water after all the scrunching (while I'm still hanging with my head upside down). I try to squeeze each section only once, but I hold each squeeze for 5-10 seconds to absorb as much water as possible. Once I'm out of the shower, my hair is somewhere between wet and damp. Not dripping, but not too dry, either. I pixie diffuse for about 2 minutes per section (9 or 10 sections in all), then clip and air dry on my commute to work. The pixie diffusing also helps to put some of the curl back in.

If you try the raking, I hope it works for you! Let us know.
Originally Posted by Rustina
Hmm, I never thought about elasticity affecting product weight. I have extremely low elasticity...My hair snaps immediatly when I pull each end.

I have been experiencing just with a little leave in plus gel or mousse. What products are you liking? For me, I like Curl Fix, Redken Curl Refiner (one cone), and KCKT as leave ins. For gels, the Garnier Pure Clean has been successful...I like CQ in the winter but was not successful with it in the summer, which is odd because there is no glycerin...I also am liking the 3 in 1 conditioning mousse that is about $3 in CVS! I also have had success using CIAB alone.
2b/3a, normal/high porosity, fine/medium texture, medium density, low elasticity

Low Poo- Tigi Colour Goddess, Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni TTT (clarify 1X/week)
Condish- CJ Curl Rehab, Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni TTT
Leave In- Slip Detangler, KCKT, Redken Curl Refiner
Style- KCCC, SS CEJ, SS FHG
Treatment- CJ Repair Me! and CJ CR

Dislikes: Too much protein, high glycerin content, and heavy oils