Hi all,
I am hoping this is the right place to start a "blog" about my journey toward acceptance of my hair. I'm 24 years old and I've fought my hair my whole life. I'd always get optimistic about trying something that would finally make me feel okay about my hair, only to be disappointed and end up pulling it back every time.
Here I want to post lots of pictures as my hair becomes healthier and I learn how to manage it. I am trying to grow it out by at least 5 inches but have made a lot of past mistakes that are preventing this from happening. In the meantime, if you want to throw in tidbits about how to accept this wild and crazy hair, please do!!! So to get it started, here's where I'm at right now...

Today I tried using all of my Shea Moisture line. I love this line. I'm afraid the protein in the Coconut & Hibiscus products will irritate my hair, and so far this is proving to be true, I'm feeling some of the "protein stiffness." So I can't keep up with this routine.
I used the Coconut & Hibiscus shampoo (which I LOVE), I drenched my hair with the curling milk as I did the Icequeen method, then rinsed that out upside down. I then applied the Curl Enhancing Smoothie and topped that with a !TINY! amount of KCCC.
(click for larger) I have never had this much shine before!

So today my hair is appearing healthy, but under healthy circumstances my hair is really MUCH curlier than this. I have damaged it so badly with coloring (and even a bleaching once! ) that it is not curling as it should.

I just picked up the Shea Moisture repair & transition kit. Looking forward to trying it since these products don't have protein.
Very coarse, thick, porous 3B. My biggest challenge is SOFTNESS and SHINE.

Current shampoo: Biosilk w/ added vitamin E
Current conditioner: Lush Okra
Leave-ins: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, KCCC
CG didn't work for me. Oils don't work for me. Trying hard to learn how to love my hair. Read my blog.