Phoenix, I am interested in trying the eyeshadow primers that can act as shadows also. I know Urban Decay makes them, and Bare Escentuals too. Have you tried any of them and do you think one brand is better than another? I have brown eyes and I like neutrals (not blue, purple, green, etc.)

Thanks for answering when you have time.
Originally Posted by Spiralli
i bought the green and purple in bare escentuals and i didn't really care for them. they looked sort of dirty on the eye to me. they were expensive so i returned them. in my experience, layering products gives an awesome look that lasts (even on my uber oily lids). even when a primer has color, it doesn't usually pop enough alone but it adds a lot of dimension if you consider it as a layer to your overall eye makeup. of course that doesn't save time if you're just looking for one product but that's my opinion. that said, i like mac paint pots as an eyeshadow base. i use a neutral one for my everyday base. i have several colored ones that make my eyes look great. another thing that i'm digging now is to use a plain eyeshadow base and then do a couple of quick swipes with a jumbo eye pencil in the shade you're wanting to make pop in your shadow. i have a green one by sephora ($10). omg, it makes my greens look awesome! nyx has some too, i got the purple and it's just okay compared to the sephora purple but it was only $5 so i'll use it up but likely won't repurchase that one. i know you like neutrals but the same might hold true for the neutral colors also and i recall there being several neutral shades on the sephora jumbo eye pencils.
a dreamy pisces
please recycle, it matters...
i change lives...through fitness
i'm more relaxed being natural

Last edited by luvmylocs; 10-17-2011 at 12:46 AM.