What the heck? I swear I replied to this thread already! LOL!

What I THOUGHT I said was that I air dry sometimes, diffuse others. Like if my hair is still pretty wet before bed, or if I have to go somewhere that evening and I don't want to go out with wet hair (especially in the colder months!)

When I do diffuse, however, I have to wait at least 10 or 15 mins (or more) before diffusing. It's as if my products need a chance to absorb or "set". If I don't wait, I will get puffy, undefined curls. So you may try that.

If I do it in the morning, I usually shower, style, dress (sometimes I dress before styling, depending on what I'm going to wear and whether it needs to be pulled on over my head!), and then i'll go eat, put on some make-up, get everything else ready that I might need to, and then diffuse last thing before I leave. If I'm plopping, I would do it during that time, as well.

Give it a try!

OH, and also when I diffuse, I go between high and low as needed. I usually start on low, "lift" the section with the diffuser, blast it up on high for a few seconds, then go back down to low. Then I switch to the next section, and come back to the previous one if I need to. I never really "pump" the diffuser at all.

I also keep it on the warm or cool setting all the time - never up on hot!

hth!
2c/3a/3b, Fine/med, Dense, high porous, & normal elas.

Lo-poo - Renpure Keratin, SMR, Giovanni SaS
clarifying - mix Johnson's H2T with low poo
Co-wash - Suave Nats. clar. or coco.
RO - GVPCB, Ion Eff. Care, TN.
LI - SMR, Cure Care, or RO
Seal - MO or Jojoba
DT - + honey, ACV, & EVOO to SM masque & GVPCB
PT - Gelatin!, CNPF
Styling - FSG, AIF, BRHG, LALS/PS, GF curl spray gel, SM Souffle/Smoothie, LOOB
Oils - MO!, EVOO, jojoba, GSO, SM Elixer, EVCO, VO5 Hairdressing