I have this issue too. I've got buildup going on that didn't seem to clean up with baking soda rinse, and I've got the dry itchy scalp. I totally agree that even water washing daily can be hard on the scalp, but that's my dilemma. I go to the gym daily and I do have a smelly scalp as it does sweat. I have to wet my hair because those curls are just flat the next day. Some questions and I hope someone can answer me
1) Is there anyway I can keep the scalp clean without having to water wash?? I still think if you massage but don't rinse, all that nastiness stays in the hair or do you think a water rinse wont' be too harsh for the scalp???
2)) If I water rinse daily, how do you make sure all your product is out before you go ahead and put more product in to restyle?? Obviously that gel that was in there has no strength with a water wash, but how do you know you won't get build up if it didn't all go bye-bye with the water rinse and then you apply more??
3)) Anyone use like a herb infusion for the scalp (I"M thinking honey my child) to just spritz the scalp per say after the gym and not do a water wash daily?? Although I still think you want to massage daily and that debris or loose stuff will stay in the scalp?? I just don't want my naturals oils to be taken off daily (been there, done that) and if water drys out the scalp, I don't want to even do that daily. And I want to know about reapplying product after water washes.
2c
Medium texture
Normal porosity
Normal elasticity
can get weighed down with lots of oils
Co-wash-trying giovanni wellness
Rinse out: Garnier Body Boost, GVP
Leave-in: none right now, maybe a touch of SM curling souffle
Curl enhancer: AOMM and KCCC
Gel: Kiss my face gel
DT:Jessicurl
Low Poo: abba pure and natural, Giovanni Wellness