So I read through all of the replies on this thread, but still need help.

My entire life I NEVER had a problem with dandruff, flakiness or dry scalp. Ever.
I have been doing CG Method for about a year now, and I just started experiencing what I assume is dry scalp/flakiness a few months ago. No itching, just insane amounts of flakes.

I only co-wash twice a week and don't think I can reduce it any more than that. I rinse thoroughly. I want to blame the weather... but even if that is the culprit, I don't know if I can deal with this each winter. It's EXCESSIVE! I've been sooo close to shampooing too many times this winter.

...any suggestions?
Originally Posted by krisisisipoo
well i no a few natural things that might help ive tried a few things, i dont have any problems but i still do it cause when you keep a healthy scalp then you will have nice thick healthy regrowth.
herbs that can help: rosemary and ginger this can be in an oil, or as a rinse.
marshmallow root: is meant to help with dry ichy scalp and dandruff, it also gives a really nice shine and amazing slip. i use this quiet a bit.
Stinging nettle: ive just started using this as a growth stimulator, but ive been researching that its meant to help with scalp problems. there are many shampoos round that have it in, im thinking bout getting a sulfate + cone free nettle poo.
oils: argan and tea tree, really effective mixed together and messaged in the scalp, i do this to my bf's hair for his dandruff.
i have used all of these things, i dont have any scalp issues, i didnt before i started using it, but all of these are great growth stimulator, many natural things have a few benefits.
i would really be trying same of these, im pretty sure that it'll help clear that all up

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
my hair loves conditioner only styling!
Oils and my own procuts are my hairs best friend
my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.