View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 10:36 AM   #3
mamaherrera

Default This is where I'm confused

I'm so confused. I was honestly going to try the protein treatment, really, but I was weary because of a few things, cuz I've been reading a lot and don't want to make the situation worse. One, my hair is not super soft, in fact it's kind of rough texture right now, so that made me think I"m not overconditioned. Then I did the wet stretch test with my hair as best as I could and they broke almost immediately, which made me thinn k I need more moisture. I thought maybe I've got product build up going on, causing that symptom, so I did a clarifying wash with CURLS Pure poo, and still breakage immediately. Now don't get me wrong, I WOULD LOVE to do a protein fix, because so many people say they do it and it changes their hair from night to day, but I also don't want to do something and be regretting it. Last night I did that clarifying wash, and I then I did a rinse out with GVP, the generic version of the conditioning balm, then blotted hair scrunching with a tshirt, and then I took a look. Still some frizz in the curls spider web stuff. Put in just very little MD mango tango leave in, glazed over and scrunched, still ended up with the incurl frizz and some canopy frizz. But a lot of those are just little hairs that dont' have a clump to go to. Today though, a lot more root curl than other days, and these curls stayed like loose S's and some ringlets/spirals even though I used no gel. So that's good. don't know if I just stay calm ,the other frizz will go?? But it shouldn't be build up, right? Anyways. . . so that's why I thought more moisture, because my hair is rough and still breaking right away. Not because I don't appreciate someone's advice. And like SUnshine girl told me, don't buy any more products for now, so obviously I"m using what I've got. She suggested not even gel until I get this improving,
Normal elasticity
can get weighed down with lots of oils
Co-wash-trying giovanni wellness
Rinse out: Garnier Body Boost, GVP
Leave-in: none right now, maybe a touch of SM curling souffle
Curl enhancer: AOMM and KCCC
Gel: Kiss my face gel
DT:Jessicurl
Low Poo: abba pure and natural, Giovanni Wellness
working on: getting rid of frizz from the get-go
mamaherrera is offline   Reply With Quote